The "Medal of St. Panteleimon" award was introduced from 2018 by the Honorary Council of such a distinction for professionalism and mercy as the "Order of Saint Panteleimon". Both awards have identical missions, principles, values and common structural units for finding, selecting and awarding awards.
The medal is presented to the young patriots of Ukraine who possess high-level professionalism, spiritual and moral qualities, and who have developed, implemented their own project and achieved significant personal results in the field of health care, volunteer, humanistic and community activities.
The medal is awarded to citizens of Ukraine under the age of 35 irrespective of gender, race, color, political, religious and other beliefs, ethnic and social origin, property status, place of residence, which systematically engages in activities that have a positive effect on the health of the Ukrainian people, social consciousness and spirituality, affirms tolerance, stimulates creative activity for the common good.
The medal is awarded annually in 3 nominations:
- "For medical art";
- "For the care and affection for the patient";
- "For scientific developments in medicine".
Nomination «For medical art»
The Applicant for the Award in the category "For the medical art" has significant personal merits in the field of health and practical experience of work of a doctor.
The criteria to be met by the nominees for the Award "For the medical art":
- Effective Practical Activity: he/she have much better work experience than a colleague, have effective work experience (rapid recovery, improvement of health, restoration of lost functions of systems and patients' organs) in the field of health care as a doctor of any specialty in any state, a communal or private health care institution.
- Professionalism and dedication: adheres to the Ethics Code of the doctor of Ukraine, possesses high professional skills. Skillfully plans and controls his/her activities on the basis of systematic and regular tracking, collection and processing of information on the progress of the tasks performed in a timely manner. All of his/her professional qualities translate into daily work with patients, providing highly skilled medical care to people, directing all their experience and knowledge on the return of patients to a full-fledged life. He/she is the author of patents, scientific articles, methodical recommendations and information letters, which reflect the innovations he has developed for the medical-diagnostic process. Constantly engaged in own continuous professional development. The medical service and the service to patients are the purpose of the applicant's activity.
- Achievements: demonstrates outstanding achievements in the field of his/her activities and public health, applies the latest and most effective approaches to achieving a specific goal. Embodies at work highly effective diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitation techniques that are worked out and applied in other countries or are own developments and procedures, which have led to a significant improvement in patients' health, quality of life and longevity. Has at least two of his/her own industry innovations. Achieves the set goals in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, taking into account the criteria of quality, adequacy and effectiveness. Highly respected among his/her colleagues and patients who are being assisted. Has honors from local, regional or central authorities.
Nomination «For the care and kindness for the patient»
The candidate for the Award in the nomination "For the care and kindness for the patient" has outstanding personal merits in the field of health care and practical experience of working as a midwife or junior medical officer (obstetrician, nurse, sanitary, etc.).
The criteria to be met by the nominees for the Award "For the care and kindness for the patient":
- Effective practical activity: he/she have much better than colleagues effective experience of nursing practice (observance of nursing protocols for the care of patients, rapid recovery of patients, improvement of their health, restoration of lost functions of systems and organs) in the field of health care at the post of a nurse (midwife, a laboratory assistant) of any specialty in any state, communal or private health care institution.
- Professionalism and dedication: he/she is following the Code of Ethics of the nurse, with the perfect professional skills. Mercy and willingness to come to the aid immediately to the patient is the basis of the applicant's life; has high professional qualities, which embodies in everyday work, providing assistance to people; selflessly contributes to satisfying the needs of patients and employees; he/she is highly competent in general medicine and emergency services at terminal conditions; constantly cares about the comfort of the environment, shows empathy, attention and responsibility in everyday work; is an example of a correct and productive communication with patients.
- Achievements: shows significant merits in the field of its activities and public health, uses modern and effective health-saving technologies in its practice. Embraces the workplace of modern nursing protocols and rehabilitation techniques that have been developed and applied in other countries, which contribute to a significant improvement in patients' health, quality of life, and longevity. Highly respected among his/her colleagues and patients who are being assisted. Has honors from local, regional or central authorities.
Nomination «For scientific developments in medicine»
Applicant for the Award in the nomination "For scientific developments in medicine" has significant personal achievements in scientific activities in the field of health and practical experience of working as a doctor.
The criteria to be met by the nominees for the Award "For scientific developments in medicine":
- Effective research activity: has better than colleagues, the results of research work in the field of health care in the institution of health care of any form of ownership, the state, communal or private higher educational institution, institution of postgraduate education, scientific-research institution, which consists in developing a new scientific (scientific and technical) development, medical diagnostic technology, aimed at solving the most important, most urgent medical problems and significantly improved the quality of the provision of medical care to the population with a certain socio-economic effect.
- Achievements: For the first time in Ukraine / the world introduced his/her own scientific and practical developments, which are confirmed by research on the basis of evidence-based medicine; virtuous, generates non-standard ideas, which for others are not obvious and not derived from other sources, to explain situations and solve problems; creates the basis for improvements that will affect the activities of a particular area of clinical, theoretical and preventive medicine that have already been introduced into the activities of health care institutions; he/she participated individually in reports in foreign scientific forums; is the author of Ukraine's individual patents for invention and/or utility model and scientific publications in Ukraine and abroad (excluding CIS countries). Has at least two own inventions, and his/her Hirsch index is not lower than 3.0. Scientific work in the field of health is the purpose of the applicant's activity.
- Result-orientation: achieves serious scientific results, is effective, focuses on modern scientific achievements, which have a practical, new significance in the field of health care. All of the goals are achieved through intensive scientific research and determination of the best solutions based on evidence-based medicine; while performing complex scientific and clinical tasks, he/she is able to take risks, demonstrate creative and highly effective approaches to achieve a solid scientific result.